ADSM-L

Backups missed

2015-10-04 17:10:43
Subject: Backups missed
From: Joni Moyer [mailto:joni.moyer AT HIGHMARK DOT COM]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Hello,

I have TSM on the mainframe. I have just taken it over and I am still
learning.  The previous administrator had administrative schedules
migrating the data from disk to an onsite tape pool and then doing a tape
to tape copy from onsite to offsite tapes.  I was wondering how it is
possible for data to not be copied to the offsite pool?  If the data is
moved to tape and then it is copied offsite, how is this possible?  I know
that you get a message at the end of the job if it was successful  or not
and how many files were missed.  My problem is I don't have access to the
client side of the servers.  I am only in charge of making sure that things
are backed up and running smoothly.  Is there an easy way to monitor if
everything is being copied from onsite to offsite tape?  Are there certain
error messages that I should be searching for on a daily basis?  I'd
appreciate any help that I can get.  Thanks!!!!!

Joni