ADSM-L

Re: question: db-backup

2002-03-20 07:19:35
Subject: Re: question: db-backup
From: "Stumpf, Joachim" <joachim.stumpf AT DATEV DOT DE>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 12:17:06 -0000
Hi again,

the application is a MS-SQL 6.0 db-server.
At 23:00h started the TSM-backup.
And at 00:30h a person from the db-group tried a update to the db, but the
backup was running.
In this case the Node had a big problem with its RAM (RAM ran full) and our
NT-Admin wanted to know if this was caused by the update of the db during a
backup.

Our Nodes usually have a 100Mbit network card and the server is an OS/390
TSM-Server;but we have lots of Nodes, so the transfer rate is very slow...
but this is something else we had analized last summer ;)

--
regards / Mit freundlichen Gruessen
regards / Mit freundlichen Gruessen

"robert" <robert AT plcs DOT nl> (Mittwoch, 20. März 2002, 13:58:15, CET):