ADSM-L

Id there a "Retry delay" setting?

2002-03-19 18:36:57
Subject: Id there a "Retry delay" setting?
From: mrkirra2001 <mrkirra2001 AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 10:31:09 +1100
Once a every mow and again (every 4 - 6 weeks), I have a couple of backups
that happen while the application may still be using the data and they fail
(can not even open the file for reading - so I can't use the SHAREDYNAMIC
option), which I agree with. But if I could get TSM to retry in 5 minutes or
at the end of the backup job, then there is a very high chance the
application has released the file and it can be backed up safely. The
current retry seems to try the 5 times I have asked it to in less than a
second, which doesn't really give the application time to finish and close
the file.

Does TSM have a retry later option (short of running the backup job again)?
ARCServeIT does and I did like it...

/gjs