ADSM-L

Anyone looking for some GOOD used equipment (complete backup environment)...?

2002-03-19 13:42:47
Subject: Anyone looking for some GOOD used equipment (complete backup environment)...?
From: "Cook, Dwight E" <DWIGHT.E.COOK AT SAIC DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 10:39:41 -0800
In all our upgrades, consolidations, alterations, etc... we have some
equipment that I just can't find a use for :-(

What is potentially available for sale is

IBM 7015 containment rack
IBM R40 processor
IBM 7133-020 fully populated with 9.1 GB drives (qty 3 so roughly 436.8 GB
of dasd)
IBM 3494-L12, 10 slot I/O station, dual gripper, with two (2) 3590-B1A's
IBM 3494-D12 with four (4) 3590-B1A's
enough J tapes to fill the ATL (and then some...)
cables, etc...

Now this R40 was using a bunch of MTI disks when it was in service, the SSA
disks were in use by another processor so I'm not sure if the R40 has any
SSA cards in it.
The equipment was certified by IBM when it was packed up so I can't cut it
open to check on the existence of SSA card(s).
(OK, safe to say there is an SSA card for an R40 that will go with this
deal)
The eight, 8 disk MTI arrays of 9GB Barracuda disk drives is still available
but with 3 drawers of 7133-020's I (personally) wouldn't mess with the
MTI's.

This was all packaged up (de-installed) by IBM on 5/23/2001.

I'm not a $ dollars $ guy, I just make the stuff work ;-)

but if interested, there is a very nice individual by the name of Sam
Davison here who will be more than happy to discuss dollars with you !
His email address is : davisons AT us-tulsa.mail.saic DOT com

I hate to see it go but I just have to many S70's and other fully loaded
ATL's.

Dwight