ADSM-L

Re: Backup StgPool Issue Discovered

2002-03-19 07:07:47
Subject: Re: Backup StgPool Issue Discovered
From: Rick Harderwijk <r.harderwijk AT FACTOTUM DOT NL>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 13:05:10 +0100
Paul,

I'm pretty new to TSM and trying bl**d* hard to get a grip on it. We're
experiencing some trouble with TSM in  a Windows 2000 environment - issues
we'll most likely have solved by the end of this week, probably earlier -
this is just to give you *some* background to my question.

When TSM does a space reclamation, I sometimes do see a FAILURE, while a q
ev * t=a tells me all ended as succesfull. Is this the problem you are
referring to?

Second, when I run the SQL-query you post, I get a list of 8 tapes. Is this
good or bad? One tape is DESTROYED - which it was, the others are READWRITE.

I guess you'll appreciate my little intro now you've read the 2nd
question...

Let me (and the rest of us) know what you think. Anyone else have some input
on this?

Kind regards,

Rick Harderwijk
Systems Administrator