ADSM-L

Re: TDP for Exchange v2 problem

2002-03-18 19:22:09
Subject: Re: TDP for Exchange v2 problem
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 11:41:24 -0500
> Now from what I read and understand, having the version data exist set to
no
> limit and the retain extra set to 7, it should keep 1 weeks worth of full
> backups before it starts expiring. When I check occupancy, I see I have
36
> copies of the Information Store. I run expiration and backups on a
nightly
> basis. The retention values for the Policy Domain (default) are 30 days
for
> backups and 365 days for archives. Has anyone else noticed this or is it
> just me?

Mark,

Each Exchange backup is not composed of just one TSM object.
So you are probably seeing the various "objects" that
make up the one "logical" backup. You can go to your
TSM Server and issue "SHOW VERSION nodename *"
and see the parts that make up each "logical" backup.

Your policy settings look fine.

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
Del Hoobler
IBM Corporation
hoobler AT us.ibm DOT com

Leave everything a little better than you found it.
Smile a lot: it costs nothing and is beyond price.