ADSM-L

Re: How many files can "fail" before scheduled backup is declared "failed"?

2002-03-18 18:54:52
Subject: Re: How many files can "fail" before scheduled backup is declared "failed"?
From: Remco Post <r.post AT SARA DOT NL>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 22:49:09 +0100
> Hello,
>
> Just started running the 4.2.1 client on win2000.
>
> In previoius versions, it would seem that 1 or 2 files may "fail" -like
> ntuser.dat, and userclass.dat, but the backup would still finish with a
> status of "completed" (query event).... BUT now with the 4.2.1 client, it
> seems that if the same files fail (2 or 4 total), then the entire scheduled
> backup is declared "failed"... even if it has backed up every other file....
>
> Anyone have an insight on what seems to be a lowering of a threshold?
>
> Keith

IIRC tivoli has admitted this is a bug in the 4.2.1.0 client. I don't know if
it's allready fixed in the recent client levels (thought not), but I sure hope
it will be fixed soon....

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,
Met vriendelijke groeten,

Remco Post

SARA - Stichting Academisch Rekencentrum Amsterdam
High Performance Computing  Tel. +31 20 592 8008    Fax. +31 20 668 3167

"I really didn't foresee the Internet. But then, neither did the computer
industry. Not that that tells us very much of course - the computer industry
didn't even foresee that the century was going to end." -- Douglas Adams