ADSM-L

TDP for Exchange v2 problem

2002-03-18 10:10:35
Subject: TDP for Exchange v2 problem
From: "Remeta, Mark" <MRemeta AT SELIGMANDATA DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 10:07:02 -0500
Hello all, I have TDP for Exchange v2.2.0.0 and am having a problem with
expiration. I have the data retention set as such for the Policy Domain the
server is a member of:

Version data exist      : no limit
Version data deleted    : 1
Retain extra            : 7
Retain only             :60

Now from what I read and understand, having the version data exist set to no
limit and the retain extra set to 7, it should keep 1 weeks worth of full
backups before it starts expiring. When I check occupancy, I see I have 36
copies of the Information Store. I run expiration and backups on a nightly
basis. The retention values for the Policy Domain (default) are 30 days for
backups and 365 days for archives. Has anyone else noticed this or is it
just me?

Thanks in advance,

Mark Remeta
Seligman Data Corp.
100 Park Avenue
New York, NY 10017

Confidentiality Note: The information transmitted is intended only for the
person or entity to whom or which it is addressed and may contain
dissemination or other use of this information by persons or entities other
than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you receive this in error,
please delete this material immediately.