ADSM-L

Re: scheduler service overwrites baclient's password

2002-03-17 19:09:50
Subject: Re: scheduler service overwrites baclient's password
From: Bill Boyer <bill.boyer AT VERIZON DOT NET>
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2002 16:19:30 -0500
I've seen problems on some Winders machines where if the value returned by
the %COMPUTERNAME% is in lower-case letters and you didn't specify NODENAME,
then different portions of TSM react differently. What I had was that the
Web client interface would change the encrypted stored password that what
was originally stored with the TSM B/A client and scheduler service.

I don't know if this is your problems, but try specifying the NODENAME in
the DSM.OPT file and on the DSMCUTIL command that installs the service.
Bill Boyer
DSS, Inc.