ADSM-L

Re: HELP !Miracle Netware changed to NT. Node cant access server anymore !

2002-03-17 02:16:45
Subject: Re: HELP !Miracle Netware changed to NT. Node cant access server anymore !
From: Mark Stapleton <stapleto AT BERBEE DOT COM>
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2002 01:14:17 -0600
On Tue, 29 Jan 2002 15:43:16 +0100, it was written:
>A have a wired problem:
>A Win2000 node accessed the TSM 4.2 server using the nodename of a Netware
>5 client. Now the Netware client cant access the server anymore. The
>message "ANS1357S Session rejected: Downlevel client code version" is
>displayed. The Platform in a "q node" changed from NetWare to WinNT.
>
>I think a similar problem is described in IC32139 on Tivoli support page.
>But there is no fix for this. I already opened a PMR - but maybe YOU can
>help me faster ?

Here's what I bet happened.

You had a node defined on your TSM server for a NetWare 5 box. (Call
it GEORGE.) At some later time, you defined a Windows 2000 box as a
TSM node using the same name (GEORGE). The Windows 2000 client
accessed the TSM server, using a version of the Windows client with a
higher version number than the TSM client version used on the NetWare
5 box.

If this is the problem, you will need to upgrade your NetWare box's
TSM client to an equal or higher version number than the client on the
Windows 2000.

(We had this problem crop up at our place of business recently.)