ADSM-L

Re: TSM Server 4.2.1.9 on Sun Solaris 8

2015-10-04 17:10:42
Subject: Re: TSM Server 4.2.1.9 on Sun Solaris 8
From: Seay, Paul [mailto:seay_pd AT NAPTHEON DOT COM]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
I am not going to tell you which way to do it.  But, basically, I would
think you would want to use TSM buffers before Veritas FS caching, so I
would go with raw if it will work.  It also gets into mirroring your log =
and
database will be faster depending on your disk solution.

If you were using a high function disk subsystem with cache that has
mirrored disk or Raid-5 disk in it and you are comfortable that these do =
not
fail from a hardware error then you can avoid mirroring your data
altogether.  We use Shark.

If you are using raw D1000 or A5000 disk, then you should spread the DB =
and
Log across the disk.

In no case should you put the log and DB in the same file system or on =
the
same raw disk.  I would recommend even avoiding them on the same =
physical
disk in a high function disk subsystem if you can.