ADSM-L

Re: HELP with TSM and SAN

2015-10-04 17:10:42
Subject: Re: HELP with TSM and SAN
From: Eliza Lau [mailto:lau AT VTCAT.CC.VT DOT EDU]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
What I am trying to achieve is to have all SAN and non-SAN clients backup to
a disk storage pool that is on the SAN and then migrate to the SAN-attahced
3494.  We will have 5 SAN clients and 300+ non-SAN clients with only 6 tape
drives.  I don't want the 5 SAN clients to tie up the tape drives with
LAN-free backup during the backup window.  The Exchange backup alone takes 2
hours. Is this doable with a AIX TSM server?

Eliza