ADSM-L

Re: TSM 5.1

2002-03-14 09:49:06
Subject: Re: TSM 5.1
From: Nicholas Cassimatis <nickpc AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 09:46:33 -0500
Now that would be nice - dual DB Backups, one for onsite, one for offsite.
Since you want your TSM server as "stable" as possible during the backup,
having two tape drives free shouldn't be too hard to get, or, baring that,
have all transactions held in the log while the two database backups are
running.

Nick Cassimatis
nickpc AT us.ibm DOT com

Today is the tomorrow of yesterday.

                      asr AT UFL DOT EDU
                      Sent by: "ADSM:          To:       ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST
DOT EDU
                      Dist Stor                cc:
                      Manager"                 Subject:  Re: TSM 5.1
                      <[email protected]
                      .EDU>

                      03/13/2002 10:51
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      "ADSM: Dist Stor
                      Manager"

What I really want to be able to do, though, is generate a DB backup and a
DB
snapshot simultaneously.  (or two shapshots, really).  I can understand why
you are forbidden to extend or reduce while "a database operation is in
progress".  I don't get why you can't do a snapshot.

Allen S. Rout