ADSM-L

checkin volumes for import

2002-03-13 15:16:04
Subject: checkin volumes for import
From: "Martin, Jon R." <jrmartin AT KNS DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 15:13:16 -0500
Hello,

I am on TSM v3.7.2

I am using the following export data. "EXPORT NODE domains=solaris
filedata=backupactive devclass=3570 scratch=yes
usedvolumelist=/tmp/solexport.out"

My question is on checking the volumes in to restore this data at a later
date.  Would I use.... "checkin libvolume search=bulk status=private
checklabel=yes"

Then I would issue the 'import node' command specifying the volumes in the
order they were used.

Does that sound correct?

Also, since the export contains data for 10 servers does the first volume
act as table of contents?  If I do an import node for a specific node will
the server read only the necessary volumes, or will it need to read every
single volume to find files matching the node/filespace desciption I
requested?

Thanks,

Jon Martin