ADSM-L

TSM User Group for Baltimore, Washington DC, Northern VA meets Ma rch 27...

2002-03-13 14:26:42
Subject: TSM User Group for Baltimore, Washington DC, Northern VA meets Ma rch 27...
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 14:24:11 -0500
TSMUG is the Tivoli Storage Manager User Group for Baltimore, Washington DC,
and Northern Virginia. Please join us at our next meeting on Wednesday,
March 27, featuring Lindsay Morris of ADSM-L fame!
Performance Tuning Without the Blindfold
Mr. Lindsay Morris, Applied System Design
For Tivoli Storage Manager users who want to boost performance: the problem
of measuring the various pieces of the system is difficult, but not
impossible. But what then? How should you proceed after you have the data?
Come see a structured process for improving the performance of your TSM
server site, presuming the data is freely available. With Servergraph/TSM to
collect data and visually display performance over time, you can visualize
performance trends and bottlenecks. Compare output from several different
TSM sites, and find practical solutions, from basic tuning parameters to
non-standard techniques made possible only by detailed data analysis.
Many of you know Lindsay through his contributions to the ADSM-L Listserver;
Lindsay is a long-time contributor, TSM expert, and CEO of Applied System
Design.
After the feature presentation we will hold our famous TSM ROUNDTABLE, where
you can ask your questions and share your experiences with other ADSM/TSM
users (yes, there are still some ADSM folks out there!).
Our host for this meeting is Kyle Kinzer at the Fairfax County Government
Center in Fairfax, Va. (Thanks Kyle!)
Meeting details & registration information below. .
PLEASE FORWARD this message to anyone you know who is interested in Tivoli
Storage Manager.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
When & Where:
March 27, 2002
08:30am - 12:30pm
Conference Room 8
Fairfax County Government Center
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Registration:
Attendance is free and everyone is welcome.  However, YOU MUST REGISTER in
advance in order to attend.
To register, just send email
to:     TSMUG AT jasi DOT com
subject:  Registration for March 27
The cutoff date for registration is Friday March 22.  Directions will be
e-mailed to everyone who registers.  Business Partners are welcome to
register and attend, as long as you identify yourself as such.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Program:

Performance Tuning Without the Blindfold - Lindsay Morris, Applied Systems
Design
TSM Round Table: What's up at YOUR TSM site? -
Ask your questions and share your experiences, good and bad!
Bring your questions for discussion with other TSM users.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Directions:
Fairfax County Government Center is very convenient. It is right down 66
from 495. The address is:
12000 Government Center Pkwy
Fairfax, VA 22035
You can look up the address and driving instructions on your favorite map
site, or the user group web site:
http://www.jasi.com/TSMUG/Meeting_Information/meeting_information.html
Refreshments:
We will not be serving coffee at this meeting, but we will have the
requisite donut table. And there is a cafeteria on site (serving
**Starbucks** coffee!) where you can obtain your favorite form of morning
caffeine!
Questions?
If you have questions please send email to TSMUG AT jasi DOT com.