ADSM-L

Re: AIX client fails direct to tape backup

2015-10-04 17:10:42
Subject: Re: AIX client fails direct to tape backup
From: Tab Trepagnier [mailto:Tab.Trepagnier AT LAITRAM DOT COM]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Wanda,

BINGO!

I found the count of MaxNumMP on clients to be either 0, 2, or 999.  I have
*never* set that value so I guess it was introduced randomly by an upgrade
(probably from ADSM 3.1 to TSM 4.1).

I used the command you recommended to set them all to 1, and the failing
nodes worked OK.  Both versions.

Tonight I'm trying direct-to-tape backups of the large clients that write
into the LTO.  The smaller clients talk to an 800 MB disk pool of 20 x 40
MB volumes.  Should be interesting...

Thanks again.

Tab

"Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>@VM.MARIST.EDU> on 03/11/2002