ADSM-L

Re: Problem with macros

2002-03-12 13:47:36
Subject: Re: Problem with macros
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 13:44:38 -0500
By "fully-qualify", I mean to spell out the full path to the macro. That
is, don't just use

   database

as there is no implicit extension that I am aware of. You need to specify
the .mac extension as well as the path to the file. For example:

   C:\TSM\server1\database.mac

or

   C:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\server1\database.mac

Another "fly in the ointment": you can not schedule the MACRO command (I
had forgotten this, but just verified that it still holds true).

Here is what I think would work for you:

Make sure your database.mac file is on the TSM server machine (as opposed
to the client machine).

Run the following admin command:

   define script database "C:\Program
Files\Tivoli\TSM\server1\database.mac"

Note: "database" is the name of the script, and can be whatever you want.

Note: Specify the fully-qualified/fully-spelled out file name. Put in
double double quotes if the file name contains blank spaces.

Now create an Admin schedule to issue the command:

   run database

Note: "database" is the same name I used above in the DEFINE SCRIPT
command.

I think this will do the trick.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

Joe Cascanette <Joe.Cascanette AT CUMIS DOT COM>
03/12/2002 10:18