ADSM-L

Re: Problem with macros

2002-03-12 11:14:45
Subject: Re: Problem with macros
From: Marc Levitan <marc.levitan AT PFPC DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 11:10:08 -0500
Joe,
I believe the macro have to be located in the "saclient" directory.

Try that...

Marc Levitan
Storage Manager
PFPC Global Fund Services

                    Joe Cascanette
                    <Joe.Cascanette@        To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                    CUMIS.COM>              cc:
                    Sent by: "ADSM:         Subject:     Problem with macros
                    Dist Stor
                    Manager"
                    <[email protected]
                    T.EDU>

                    03/12/2002 11:00
                    AM
                    Please respond
                    to "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"

Server 4.2.1.12 - Windows 2000
Client 4.2.1.20  - Windows 2000

I am having problem launching macros at the server under scheduling. I
create a schedule:

DEFINE SCHEDULE STANDARD AUTOMATION DESCRIPTION="Automated TSM"
ACTION=MACRO OBJECTS=database PRIORITY=3 STARTDATE=03/12/02
STARTTIME=10:40:00 DURATION=15 DURUNITS=MINUTES PERIOD=1 PERUNITS=DAYS
DAYOFWEEK=WEEKDAY EXPIRATION=NEVER

I associate the schedule to CLIENT (the server) and I watch it launch in
the events (q ev * *). When the event launches it gives me an error in the
actlog:

03/12/2002 10:40:50 ANR0406I Session 1989 started for node CLIENT (WinNT)
(Tcp/Ip 172.16.8.35(3352)).
03/12/2002 10:40:50 ANR0484W Session 1989 for node CLIENT (WinNT)
terminated - protocol violation detected.

Here is my marco (database.mac) that is located in the BACLIENT directory:
select process form processes where process='backup storage pool'
if (rc_notfound) goto database
goto resced
exit

database:
issue message i "Copying of ONSITE tapes to OFFSITE tapes is
COMPLETE...will now start FULL Database backup"
BACKUP DB DEVC=DLT TYPE=FULL
/* delete schedule and add new one to reflect next script */
exit

RESCED:
issue message i "Copying of ONSITE tapes to OFFSITE tapes is not
complete...will recheck in 15 minutes"
/* will update schedule to check in 15 minutes */
exit