ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:10:42
Andy,
Thanks for your response...

My TSM Server is AIX 4.3.3 running TSM 4.1.2.0
My TSM Client is HP-UX 11.0 running TSM 4.2.0
And yes... 8YR_CLASS has the highest retonly setting.
I guess I can overide that with a DIRMC include statement.

The node is associated with the options set. Verified via q node f=d

The option set below is the complete option set.
However, I am using an include/exclude file on the client.
Here it is:
# cat adsm.bkuplist
Exclude /.../core
Exclude /tmp_mnt/.../*
Exclude /tmp/.../*
Include /mxp/.../* 3YR_CLASS

Here's the outputs you requested... (I also attached it to a word doc for
readability)
tsm> q inclexcl
Node Name: PERF01
Session established with server TSM_C01: AIX-RS/6000
  Server Version 4, Release 1, Level 2.0
  Server date/time: 03/12/02   10:53:50  Last access: 03/12/02   10:48:55

*** FILE INCLUDE/EXCLUDE ***
Mode Function  Pattern (match from top down)  Source File
---- --------- ------------------------------ -----------------
No exclude filespace statements defined.
No exclude filespace statements defined.
No exclude directory statements defined.
Incl All       /web/prod/web_logs/* 8YR_CLASS Server
Incl All       /web/prod/web_logs/.../* 8YR_CLASS Server
Incl All       /mxp/.../*
/opt/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/adsm.bkuplist
Excl All       /tmp/.../*
/opt/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/adsm.bkuplist
Excl All       /tmp_mnt/.../*
/opt/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/adsm.bkuplist
Excl All       /.../core
/opt/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/adsm.bkuplist
No DFS include/exclude statements defined.
tsm>

tsm: TSM_C01>q node perf01 f=d

                     Node Name: PERF01
                      Platform: HPUX
               Client OS Level: B.11.00
                Client Version: Version 4, Release 2, Level 0.0
            Policy Domain Name: HARRIS
         Last Access Date/Time: 03/12/02   10:53:50
        Days Since Last Access: <1
        Password Set Date/Time: 06/20/01   12:21:25
       Days Since Password Set: 265
         Invalid Sign-on Count: 0
                       Locked?: No
                       Contact:
                   Compression: Client
       Archive Delete Allowed?: Yes
        Backup Delete Allowed?: No
        Registration Date/Time: 06/20/01   12:21:25
     Registering Administrator: DENISL
Last Communication Method Used: Tcp/Ip
   Bytes Received Last Session: 231
       Bytes Sent Last Session: 1,340
      Duration of Last Session: 16.25
   Pct. Idle Wait Last Session: 99.91
  Pct. Comm. Wait Last Session: 0.00
  Pct. Media Wait Last Session: 0.00
                     Optionset: HARRIS_OPT
                     Node Type: Client
    Password Expiration Period:
             Keep Mount Point?: No
  Maximum Mount Points Allowed: 1

tsm: TSM_C01>q clopt harris_opt

Optionset                     Description                   Last Update by
Managing profile
                                                            (administrator)
-------------------------     -------------------------     ---------------
--------------------
--------------------
HARRIS_OPT                    Client Option for Harris      DENISL
HARRIS_OPT                    Client Option for Harris      DENISL
                               Direct

Option                     Sequence  Override  Option Value
                             number
-------------------------  --------  --------
INCLEXCL                         10       Yes  include
INCLEXCL                         10       Yes  include
"/web/prod/web_logs/.../* 8YR_CLASS"
INCLEXCL                         11        No  include
"/web/prod/web_logs/* 8YR_CLASS"

(See attached file: optionsetprob.doc)

Regards,

Denis L. L'Huiller
973-360-7739
dlhuillier AT pershing DOT com
Enterprise Storage Forms ->
http://admpwb01/misc/misc/storage_forms_main.html

                    Andrew
                    Raibeck              To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                    <[email protected]        cc:
                    BM.COM>              Subject:     Re: Clientoption Sets not
binding proberly to a management
                    Sent by:             class              --Again--
                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"
                    <ADSM-L AT VM DOT MA
                    RIST.EDU>

                    03/12/2002
                    09:55 AM
                    Please
                    respond to
                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"

INCLUDE and EXCLUDE (without any '.' extensions) affect binding of files
only, not directories. If your directories are being bound to 8YR_CLASS,
then it is either because you have a DIRMC statement that specifies this
class, or it happens to be the class with the longest RETONLY setting.

Some questions:

1) What versions of TSM are you running on the TSM client and the TSM
server?

2) Is the client options set associated with the specific node name? Issue
QUERY NODE with the F=D option for the node name in question to confirm
that this is the case.

3) What does the complete client options set look like? I'm not sure if
you have provided the entire set or just an extract.

4) Do you have an include-exclude file for the client node? What does it
look like?

5) From the client machine, what is the output from this command:

QUERY INCLEXCL

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

"Denis L'Huillier" <dlhuillier AT PERSHING DOT COM>
03/12/2002 07:31