ADSM-L

Re: Useunicodnames YES or NO

2002-03-12 07:45:35
Subject: Re: Useunicodnames YES or NO
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 07:43:04 -0500
Hi Rene,

While this option was intended for the support of Mac files, it affected
how TSM processed all files (there is no real way to distinguish between a
Mac file and a "native" NTFS file). If you have *any* file (Mac or not)
that contains non-English characters (umlauts, accents, etc.), then you
had to use USEUNICODEFILENAMES NO.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

"Lambelet,Rene,VEVEY,GL-IS/CIS" <Rene.Lambelet AT NESTLE DOT COM>
03/12/2002 00:04