ADSM-L

Re: how does TSM / sql backtrack use management classes?

2002-03-11 17:51:46
Subject: Re: how does TSM / sql backtrack use management classes?
From: "Mauro Jr, Frank" <Frank.MauroJr AT LIBERTYMUTUAL DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 17:49:11 -0500
We have a management class called SQLBACKTRACK and the copy class has the
following attributes:
        vere=nolimit verd=0 rete=nolim reto=0

In the include/exclude file we point the SQL Backtrack backup to the
management class:
        include         /BACKTRACK:*/.../*      sqlbacktrack

In the SQL Backtrack control file you indicate how many versions of the
backups to keep.

If the database is deleted off the server make sure to delete the backups
off the TSM server before deleting the control file (indicate 0 versions to
be kept). If not you will end up keeping all the backups for that server.

We currently have 30 TB of data backed up by SQL Backtrack.

Any questions feel free to call.

Frank Mauro
Backup and Recovery Services
Frank.MauroJr AT LibertyMutual DOT com