ADSM-L

RESOURCEUTILIZATION - NT client 4.1.2.12

2002-03-11 16:21:39
Subject: RESOURCEUTILIZATION - NT client 4.1.2.12
From: "Michael, Monte" <monte.michael AT PIONEER DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 15:19:02 -0600
Has anyone experienced greater backup throughput by setting the
RESOURCUTILIZATION parameter greater than the default value on an NT CLIENT?
When you increase the resourceutilization on a client, are there any server
settings that need changed as well?

TSM Environment information:
AIX SERVER - 4.2.1.9
AIX CLIENTS - 4.1.3
NT CLIENTS - 4.1.2.12

I have set the resourceutilization to 5 in my dsm.opt file on one of our
large file/print servers, and I was only able to decrease the backup runtime
by an average of 35 minutes.  Please reply with any experiences you may of
had with adjusting this parameter above the default value.

Thank You,

Monte