ADSM-L

Re: Point in Time Backups

2015-10-04 17:10:42
Subject: Re: Point in Time Backups
From: Kai Hintze [mailto:kai_hintze AT ALBERTSONS DOT COM]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Dave,

I am puzzled, but willing to learn--Why do you say that backupsets
and archiving are not viable ways of doing PIT backups? Backupsets
are more oriented to a PIT restore, but they do provide a snapshot
of what the active files are at a given time. And archives seem
like the arch-typical PIT snapshot to me.

Kai

>Date:    Fri, 8 Mar 2002 11:06:20 -0000
>From:    "Frost, Dave" <dave.frost AT GUARDIANIT DOT COM>
>Subject: Re: Point in Time Backups
>
>Cheri
>This is our biggest headache with TSM which has NO suitable facility to
>provide what you want. Backupsets and archiving are not viable ways of
doing
>it.

<snip>