ADSM-L

Re: Inspecting over 200,000 objects with WinNT2000 client

2015-10-04 17:10:42
Subject: Re: Inspecting over 200,000 objects with WinNT2000 client
From: Andrew Raibeck [mailto:storman AT US.IBM DOT COM]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Whoever told you that is wrong.

However, journal-based backup does require a 4.2 server, which would =
not=20
help Bob because he is running a 3.7 server.

For Bob's problem, I find 7+ hours a looooong time to process < 300,000 =

files, even with "traditional" incremental backup. However, there could =
be=20
other factors involved as well, such as other activity on client and/or =

server machines, amount of RAM, other hardware issues, etc.

If the amount of memory that TSM is using is causing excessive paging,=20
then that could be related to the problem. 4.2.1.26 should address some =
of=20
the memory issues (as I mentioned earlier this week).

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

Ehland Ann J <ehland.aj AT MELLON DOT COM>
03/08/2002 11:00

=20