ADSM-L

return "export" volume to scratch

2015-10-04 17:10:41
Subject: return "export" volume to scratch
From: Martin, Jon R. [mailto:jrmartin AT KNS DOT COM]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
This email  and any files transmitted  have been  checked by  the
MessageLabs Virus Scanning Service  for the presence of  computer
viruses.

Please  exercise caution  when receiving  any attachment(s)  from
unknown sources.  If in any doubt, do not open any attachment and
delete the message immediately.

Thank you for your co-operation.

Good Morning All,

        I have a tape volume that was used to export a node.  I would like
to check that volume back in as scratch.  I'm having trouble finding the
answer.

Here is an excerpt from the actlog showing what I have tried.

ANR2017I Administrator ADMIN issued command: CHECKIN libvolume 3575lib
0ACFB3 status=scratch checklabel=yes
ANR8443E CHECKIN LIBVOLUME: Volume 0ACFB3 in library 3575LIB cannot be
assigned a status of SCRATCH.

ANR2017I Administrator ADMIN issued command: LABEL libvolume 3575lib
search=yes labelsource=barcode checkin=scratch
ANR8816E LABEL LIBVOLUME: Volume 0ACFB3 in library 3575LIB cannot be
labelled because it is currently defined in a storage pool or in the
volume history file.

ANR2017I Administrator ADMIN issued command: DELETE VOLUME 0ACFB3
discarddata=yes
ANR2401E DELETE VOLUME: Volume 0ACFB3 is not defined in a storage pool.

Any tips?

Thanks,
Jon Martin

intended solely for  the use of the individual or  entity to whom
they  are addressed.  If  you have received  this email in  error
please notify postmaster AT westernpower.co DOT uk.

This  footnote also confirms  that this  message  has been  swept
for all known viruses by the MessageLabs  Virus Scanning Service.
For further  information  please visit http://www.messagelabs.com