ADSM-L

Re: LAN Free backups

2015-10-04 17:10:41
Subject: Re: LAN Free backups
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU]On Behalf Of
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Actually it was something I missed (another TSMer fill me in..Thanks). I
needed to create a new policy for these nodes and direct them to teh tapes
instead of the disk storage pools.

I have also noticed a slow down. I use colocation for my local copies and
since I am sending mostly large files from this node I see a backlog of
sessions just sitting at MEDIAW. So not I went from a 10 session connection
to a 1 session connection. Great it goes directly to tape, but is there any
way to utilize the LAN Free path to use the diskpool as well if the file is
lower than a certian size (like a regular disk storage pool)??

Joe