ADSM-L

Point in Time Backups

2015-10-04 17:10:41
Subject: Point in Time Backups
From: Cheri Howard [mailto:Cheri_Howard AT AAL DOT ORG]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
I have numerous customers who are requesting that, in addition to their TSM
daily incremental backups, I also provide them with  "point in time"
backups of their data on significant days like month end, quarter end, etc.

I would guess there are numerous ways this can be accomplished with TSM.
I'm looking for input from those who are doing this successfully and would
be willing to share what method they're using to accomplish this and the
pros and cons of their chosen method.

Thanks in advance for your input!

Cheri Howard
Lead Storage Analyst
Aid Association for Lutherans/Lutheran Brotherhood
4321 N. Ballard Road, Appleton, WI  54919-0001
http://www.aal.org
This message has been checked for all known viruses by MessageLabs Virus
Control Centre.

www.guardianit.com

The information contained in this email is confidential and intended
only for the use of the individual or entity named above.  If the reader
of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication
is strictly prohibited.  Guardian iT Group will accept no responsibility
or liability in respect to this email other than to the addressee.  If you
have received this communication in error, please notify us
immediately via email: postmaster AT guardianit DOT com