ADSM-L

Re: how to identify ofsite tapes for specific node

2002-03-07 03:56:44
Subject: Re: how to identify ofsite tapes for specific node
From: "Copper, Steve" <scopper AT WESTERNPOWER.CO DOT UK>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 08:53:59 -0000
Julian,

I have been having a look at using your select statement below and with
slight modifications I am getting the number of tapes that are needed for
each filespace for the particular node. I believe that the results brought
back by this select command are effectively any tape which has a file from
the particular filespace, whether it be an active copy or an inactive copy.

I tested this by running the statement against a filespace on a node and it
came back with a list of 7 tapes that would be needed. I then performed a
selective backup of that filespace and allowed the overnight processing to
do its stuff (updating all the offsite pools). Checking the results this
morning instead of just having one tape returned, 8 tapes were listed.

My question to you or anyone out there who knows more about select
statements than me (a lot of people I reckon) is:

Is there a select statement that would bring back a list of tapes that would
be needed to restore a particular filespace for a node that only takes into
account the active files needed?

Thanks in advance

Steve Copper