ADSM-L

Re: Tape Library Experiences

2002-03-06 15:53:37
Subject: Re: Tape Library Experiences
From: "Ochs, Duane" <Duane.Ochs AT QG DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 14:51:02 -0600
I currently have three of the L700-380 w/ 8 DLT7000 drives. In the two years
we have had them I have had one robotic failure. That seemed to be due to a
possible shipping issue. I have had a couple of tape drive problems but
those were due to a bad lot of DLT tapes. The L700 jukebox itself seems to
be very dependable, It was purchased through a var that contracts it's
maintenance to STK, which has been very good. Initially  we had a lot of
trouble with drivers, but since that was resolved we have gone mostly
problem free.

Duane Ochs
Systems Administration
Quad/Graphics Inc.