ADSM-L

TDP for Oracle

2002-03-06 10:38:49
Subject: TDP for Oracle
From: Jim Kirkman <jmk AT EMAIL.UNC DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 10:36:25 -0500
Hello,

I'm venturing into this world for the first time and need some guidance.
The client is AIX 4.3.3 with TDP 2.2, server is 4.1.4 on OS390 with a
3494 library. Oracle is 8.0.5, prod instance is about 15GB. Up until now
we've been archiving these bad boys.

What I'm trying to figure out is how to set things up so that I can
assign different Oracle instances to different storage pools. Production
instance(s) I want to go to 3490 tape for daily offsite storage, test
and dev instances to VTS. Do I use different mgmt classes and pile up
include statements in the dsm.opt file? If I do that, can I
differentiate file space names, or do I need too? Does the tdpo_fs
option give me flexibility there? Can all this exist under a single
policy domain/policy set?

We've tested with small instances going to VTS just fine, now it's time
to get to the real nitty gritty.

So far, all my reading has been in the Installation & User guide. Should
I do more reading elsewhere?

I'm sure the fog will lift any day now.

--
Jim Kirkman