ADSM-L

STK reconfiguration of drives

2002-03-05 09:10:05
Subject: STK reconfiguration of drives
From: Francisco Molero <fmolero AT YAHOO DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 06:07:39 -0800
Hi everybody,
My envorinronment is:
AIX 4.3.3 TSM Server 4.2.1 STK 9310 ( 4 SCSI Drives
and 4 FC Drives).
The 4 SCSI drives are conected to San Data Gateway
2108. From here these are conected to switch Brocade.

The 4 FC drives are conected to Brocade directly.
From Brocade to RS6000 are two fiber channel
conections. We have defined two zones one with 4
drives each zone.

I want to remove one adapter and change the zones. I
will only maintain one zone with 8 drives because we
have to work with LTO library, and STK is only for
restores.

I suppose after changing the zone I need to run a
cfgmgr.

My question is :
What happen with the ACSL?
it is necessary to rebuilt the database ?
How can I identify the relation between ACSLS and
/dev/rmtXX ?
Where can I find the manuals of acsls ?

has anybody worked with these before ?

Any ideas?