ADSM-L

Re: Adsmtape and TSM 4.1

2015-10-04 17:10:41
Subject: Re: Adsmtape and TSM 4.1
From: Prather, Wanda [mailto:Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Do you have a backup of your DB that is old enough to still have entries for
the archives? If so, DON"T LET THAT DB BACKUP EXPIRE!

I would try shutting down TSM, restoring the old DB, and doing an EXPORT of
that archive data. Then I would restore the DB back to current, and IMPORT
the archive data again, specifying DATE=RELATIVE and a new policy domain
with different retention periods.

I"m pretty sure that will work for backups, I've never tried it for
archives. What do you think, gang?  Would that work?