ADSM-L

Re: Server Migration - AIX to HP

2002-03-04 14:22:06
Subject: Re: Server Migration - AIX to HP
From: Thomas Denier <Thomas.Denier AT MAIL.TJU DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 14:19:26 -0500
> We will be taking the 3494 with us using the dual-SCSI interfaces to cable
> both systems for the transitional period. So my question is how do we
> achieve this? The options seem to be to install the same TSM patch level on
> both processors and then
[Other options deleted]
> *       Start the HP as new and empty, and allow the AIX service to expire
> after 90 days. This we know will work but 3494 capacity becomes an issue.
> Archive data would have to be exported and imported, though.

The more recent TSM levels provide for setting up an overflow area for an
automated library. That is, they provide a way of keeping track of tapes
ejected from the library and put on a manual rack. This might address the
library capacity issue. You would still have a temporary spike in the
demand for cartridges.