ADSM-L

Re: tapes, displaying previous weeks backups

2002-03-04 13:58:59
Subject: Re: tapes, displaying previous weeks backups
From: Patrick Sheehan <psheehan AT GLOBE DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 13:54:19 -0500
Thanks for your reply Del. Well, I use the default policy actually, so
whatever that is. What I want is to have a rotating 4 week ,4 set of tapes,
config. Meaning that all data expires after 3 weeks. I'm not sure I have
that now. I do have the latest client and server versions though and see
what is the accurate view of THIS weeks tapes but do not see anything
available on the older tapes (2 weeks ago)

Patrick

                    Del Hoobler
                    <hoobler AT US DOT IB       To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT
EDU
                    M.COM>               cc:
                    Sent by:             Subject:     Re: tapes, displaying
previous weeks backups
                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"
                    <ADSM-L AT VM DOT MAR
                    IST.EDU>

                    03/04/2002
                    01:24 PM
                    Please respond
                    to "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"

> I need to retrieve a previous weeks backups, actually only one particular
> file on a certain day. I checked out the current library and checked in
> last weeks tapes. I launch my gui for restoring (TDP for Domino) and all
> can see is a listing of this weeks active/Inactive backups. What do I
have
> to do in order to view the previous weeks backup. Doesn't the gui look at
> the installed library tapes? I know I'm missing something here..........

Patrick

In the GUI... Choose   "View" --> "show active/inactive backups".
Then re-expand the tree and see if they appear.

Are you running TDP for Domino 1.1.2? If not, go out to the
ftp.software.ibm.com FTP site to get it. There was an APAR
that made some backup objects not appear.

Did you make sure that your policies are such that it keeps
multiple versions of the files?  And that it "expires" extra
versions based on time, if that is how you want it managed?

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
Del Hoobler
IBM Corporation
hoobler AT us.ibm DOT com

"Celebrate we will. Life is short but sweet for certain..."  -- Dave