ADSM-L

server won't come back up!

2015-10-04 17:10:41
Subject: server won't come back up!
From: Marc Levitan [mailto:marc.levitan AT PFPC DOT COM]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
I get the following message when trying to start the TSM server:

weboadsm: /usr/tivoli/tsm/server/bin # dsmserv
ANR7800I DSMSERV generated at 09:50:09 on Oct 17 2000.

Tivoli Storage Manager for AIX-RS/6000
Version 3, Release 7, Level 4.0

Licensed Materials - Property of IBM

5697-TSM (C) Copyright IBM Corporation 1999. All rights reserved.
U.S. Government Users Restricted Rights - Use, duplication or disclosure
restricted by GSA ADP Schedule Contract with IBM Corporation.

ANR0900I Processing options file dsmserv.opt.
ANR0990I Server restart-recovery in progress.
ANR0259E Unable to read complete restart/checkpoint information from any
database or recovery log volume.
weboadsm: /usr/tivoli/tsm/server/bin #

The only thing that I can think of is that I added space(defined and
extended) to the RECOVERY log.  I also DEFINED additional space for my
database but have NOT yet actually extended the database to use the new
space.

Do I have to somehow show TSM my changes???
Does anyone have more info on the ANR0259E error?

Thanks,

Marc Levitan
Storage Manager
PFPC Global Fund Services