ADSM-L

Re: DB reorg & Audit

2002-03-04 09:44:35
Subject: Re: DB reorg & Audit
From: Daniel Sparrman <daniel.sparrman AT EXIST DOT SE>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 15:36:13 +0100
Hi

You don't have to do a audit to do a unload/load. However, if you have any
errors in your DB, an audit will be required.

And unload should take about 6-8 hours, depending on the HW you're running.
The load should take about equal time. So, count with about 12-16 hours.

What kind of RS/6000 are you running? We did a audit of a 22GB database
which was 87% full. The machine was a dual PowerPC machine with 1GB memory
and mirrored disks. The audit took about 9 hours.

Best Regards

Daniel Sparrman
-----------------------------------
Daniel Sparrman
Daniel Sparrman
Exist i Stockholm AB
Bergkällavägen 31D
192 79 SOLLENTUNA
Växel: 08 - 754 98 00
Mobil: 070 - 399 27 51

                    "Luscombe John

                    (HS)"                     To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT
EDU
                    <John.Luscombe@CON        cc:

                    CORDIA.CH>                Subject:     DB reorg & Audit

                    Sent by: "ADSM:

                    Dist Stor Manager"

                    <[email protected].

                    2002-03-04 15:04

                    Please respond to

                    "ADSM: Dist Stor

                    Manager"

Hi TSM folks,

We are running TSM V4 R2 L1.9 on an RS6K with AIX 4.2.1.9, the DB is 17,900
MB and is about 76% full. The machine is a 2 processor WinterHawk (I
think).

I'm new to TSM, but I'm wondering if someone can give me an estimate on how
long a DB reorg would run for.

The follow on question to this is that the documentation implies an Audit
of
the DB would also be required. Does anyone have experience that this is
definite? Also, how long would an Audit take? My colleague who is the lead
for TSM says that IBM have not been able to give any indication, and we've
heard figures ranging from hours to weeks.

TIA

John.