ADSM-L

DB reorg & Audit

2002-03-04 09:21:46
Subject: DB reorg & Audit
From: "Luscombe John (HS)" <John.Luscombe AT CONCORDIA DOT CH>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 15:04:21 +0100
Hi TSM folks,

We are running TSM V4 R2 L1.9 on an RS6K with AIX 4.2.1.9, the DB is 17,900
MB and is about 76% full. The machine is a 2 processor WinterHawk (I think).

I'm new to TSM, but I'm wondering if someone can give me an estimate on how
long a DB reorg would run for.

The follow on question to this is that the documentation implies an Audit of
the DB would also be required. Does anyone have experience that this is
definite? Also, how long would an Audit take? My colleague who is the lead
for TSM says that IBM have not been able to give any indication, and we've
heard figures ranging from hours to weeks.

TIA

John.