ADSM-L

Re: Fw: How does client open files for backup?

2002-03-02 07:07:55
Subject: Re: Fw: How does client open files for backup?
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2002 07:05:25 -0500
The files are opened for read access (i.e. we intend to read the file
only, not write), with read and write share attributes (i.e. allow other
applications to open the file for read and write access).

I don't know why your application is crashing; you should check with the
author/vendor of that application. If they try to open the file for
exclusive use, perhaps that is why.... but I can not say for sure, since I
do not have access to that application's source code.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

mrkirra2001 <mrkirra2001 AT hotmail DOT com>
03/01/2002 19:24
Please respond to mrkirra2001