ADSM-L

Re: Server-side scripting: not supported?

2002-03-01 15:37:23
Subject: Re: Server-side scripting: not supported?
From: Richard Cowen <richard_cowen AT CNT DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 14:27:29 -0600

That "good" scheduler would have to query the TSM server to get state
variables to be "non-fragile".  For example, before issuing "move data"
commands, you would want to know there were sufficient tape drives available
(maybe issuing dismounts against mounted-but-idle volumes.) Also, to be
dynamic, it would have to query TSM to get a list of volumes for each disk
storage pool as candidates.  And maybe parse the Description field from the
stgpool to get the copypool name for the Backup Stgpool command.

So why not script away, anyway?