ADSM-L

how to determine which tapes to move

2002-03-01 09:41:52
Subject: how to determine which tapes to move
From: "Coviello, Paul" <PCoviello AT CMC-NH DOT ORG>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 09:38:05 -0500
        HI, since our library is full and we need to keep the data we have
(Exchange a years worth 30gb a night)  aaaaahhhh!!!!!  (sorry- it has become
the bane of our existence),  I have been using an overflow location,
Taperoom.  We were running SSM up to now but our demo license has run out
and we are in the process of waiting to hear if the budget is approved.
Which will also give us 98 more slots (joy) anyway we've lost that capabilty
for now. So the following questions are:

        config of AIX 4.3.3 TSM 4.1.3  and a 100 tape ATL P2000

        How does one select which tapes to move off to an overflow location?
with out TSM requiring them the same day or even next.  also How do you
monitor when the tape is needed?

thanks

Paul

Paul J Coviello