ADSM-L

File Expiration Problems

2002-02-28 17:22:19
Subject: File Expiration Problems
From: Julian Armendariz <julian.armendariz AT HBFULLER DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 16:01:43 -0600
I have a node running version 4.2.1.21 on Solaris 7.  I had a disk slice on
that box that was called /Backup_Storage about 1 year ago our UNIX
administrator created a new disk slice called /Backup_Storage2 and then he
deleted the other disk slice.  When I run the Backup/Archive client and click
on Restore I still see the directory /Backup_Storage and the last backup of the
files under that directory which were backed up on 11/29/00.

I understand that I can just delete the filespace from the TSM server and it
will go away but I was wondering why the files and directory are still there.
And if this is happening then maybe other files that have been removed from the
client haven't been deleted from the TSM server.

Here is a copy of our copy group:

Policy      Policy        Mgmt         Copy                Versions  Versions
Retain     Retain
Domain   Set Name  Class         Group               Data        Data
Extra       Only
Name                       Name        Name               Exists       Deleted
 Versions  Version
---------      ---------        ---------         ---------
SUN       ACTIVE      SUN         STANDARD     5              5            SUN
     ACTIVE      SUN         STANDARD     5              5             30
    60

If I understand this correctly it should only keep the deleted file for 60 days.

Please help,

Julian Armendariz
System Support Analyst - UNIX/TSM
H.B. Fuller