ADSM-L

MS SQL TDP ANS0327E

2002-02-28 15:45:00
Subject: MS SQL TDP ANS0327E
From: Bob Booth - CCSO <booth AT CHIANTI.CSO.UIUC DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 14:42:33 -0600
Again, I am at a loss on this one..

TDP for MS sql 2.2

When the scheduler now runs a differential of the database, this is what the
log shows:

Version 2, Release 2, Level 0.0
(C) Copyright IBM Corporation 1997, 2001. All rights reserved.

ACO5057I The C:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\TDPSql\sqldiff.log log file was
pruned successfully.

Starting SQL database backup...

Beginning difffull backup for database pubs, 1 of 1.
Full: 0   Read: 2049808  Written: 2049808  Rate: 982.22 Kb/Sec
Backup of pubs failed.
ANS0327E (RC32)   A duplicate object was found, operation cannot
complete.

Total SQL backups selected:               1
Total SQL backups attempted:              1
Total SQL backups completed:              0
Total SQL backups excluded:               0
Total bytes transferred:                  2,049,808
Elapsed processing time:                  2.09 Secs

ACO0151E Errors occurred while processing the request.

---------
We are using the sample backup .cmd files found in the tdp directory, with
We are using the sample backup .cmd files found in the tdp directory, with
some customization.  The error message seems to indicate that the TDP is not
creating a new name for the database object.  I have looked at the manual *now*
and think we are following the guidelines, so this should work.

This happens whether we run the backup by hand, or within the scheduler.

Data seems to get sent, but nothing gets added on the server side.  I do
have backupdel set to yes, the client is in it's own domain.. etc, etc.

Anybody have experience with this, that can help me out?

thanks,

Bob