ADSM-L

Re: tape pool capacity question?

2002-02-27 12:03:41
Subject: Re: tape pool capacity question?
From: Thomas Denier <Thomas.Denier AT MAIL.TJU DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 12:00:46 -0500
>         In my tapepool I have the following.  could someone please explain
> if they could how do I utilize only     11%  and have most of my tapes as
> Full (90+ in 100 tape library) and have an overflow location.
[Material deleted]
>           Maxscratch: 1000

The nominal capacity of tape storage pools on my TSM server seems to be the
product of the maximum number of scratch tapes and the estimated capacity
of a tape. As shown above, you have defined the storage pool as being allowed
to use up to 1000 scratch tapes. I would expect to see 11 percent utilization
if you have enough data in the storage pool to fill 110 tapes.