ADSM-L

Re: TSM with 3rd party scheduler

2002-02-27 09:58:44
Subject: Re: TSM with 3rd party scheduler
From: Remco Post <r.post AT SARA DOT NL>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 15:56:16 +0100
> The problem is that if for example you have 1000 clients scheduled to
> backup during an 8 hour window, it would be nice to know which clients
> have non functioning scheduler daemons at the beginning of the window
> rather than at the end of the window when it would be a lot more difficult
> to meet your SLA's.
>
> Joe Seigh

Of course all client activety is logged in your activety log, one could easily
write a script (unix shell) to find messages stating "Schedule prompter was
not able to contact client" (ANR2716E) in the log every few minutes and send a
warning. Of course there are about 20 of this kind of messages to trigger on...

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,
Met vriendelijke groeten,

Remco Post

SARA - Stichting Academisch Rekencentrum Amsterdam
High Performance Computing  Tel. +31 20 592 8008    Fax. +31 20 668 3167

"I really didn't foresee the Internet. But then, neither did the computer
industry. Not that that tells us very much of course - the computer industry
didn't even foresee that the century was going to end." -- Douglas Adams