ADSM-L

Re: DataBase File Spaces and Selective Backups

2015-10-04 17:12:14
Subject: Re: DataBase File Spaces and Selective Backups
From: Seay, Paul [mailto:seay_pd AT NAPTHEON DOT COM]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Actually, the question is, if the include is not there will an incremental
backup expire our selective backups that specified what is on the include?

Inclexcl contents:
exclude /fsmountpout/.../*

DSMC Commands:
incr /fsmountpoint
selective /fsmountpoint/flatfilepath/flatfile.backup

Will the above expire the inactive backup revisions?
And if it does will the selective reinstate them?

I know this sounds crazy but we have a very good reason for doing this.
Occasionally, the modified dates on files are not changed.  The way we want
do our DR media rotations of database files requires everything to get
backed up.  A Selective guarantees this.