ADSM-L

Specifying files to archive/backup in a file

2002-02-25 12:11:58
Subject: Specifying files to archive/backup in a file
From: Andy Carlson <andyc AT ANDYC.CARENET DOT ORG>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 11:09:23 -0600
I seem to remember, unless I had a very vivid dream of this, that Tivoli
introduced a way to get the filenames for a backup/archive from a file
on the command line.  I know I can do something like

        xargs -n 20 command <filename

but we are talking thousands of files here apparently.  Thanks for any
info.

P.S.  I searched msgs.adsm.org and could not find what I was looking
for.

Andy Carlson                             |\      _,,,---,,_
andyc AT andyc.carenet DOT org            ZZZzz /,`.-'`'    -.  ;-;;,_
BJC Health System                       |,4-  ) )-,_. ,\ (  `'-'
St. Louis, Missouri                    '---''(_/--'  `-'\_)
Cat Pics: http://andyc.dyndns.org/animal.html