ADSM-L

Re: TSM expiration problem

2002-02-24 13:05:48
Subject: Re: TSM expiration problem
From: Gabriel Wiley <wileyg AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2002 12:51:09 -0500
Terence,

We have a similar set up, here is what we do to resolve the "time/date
stamp" problem..

Policy    Policy    Mgmt      Copy      Versions Versions   Retain  Retain
Domain    Set Name  Class     Group         Data     Data    Extra    Only
Name                Name      Name        Exists  Deleted Versions Version
--------- --------- --------- --------- -------- -------- -------- -------
UDBDOM    ACTIVE    DB2PROD   STANDARD         1        0       30       0
UDBDOM    ACTIVE    DB2PROD   STANDARD         1        0       30       0

The DBA(s) run a script on their end to delete files older than 30 days..

Once deleted TSM cleans up  ...

Gabriel C. Wiley
ADSM/TSM Administrator
AIX Support
Phone 1-614-308-6709
Pager  1-877-489-2867
Fax      1-614-308-6637
Cell       1-740-972-6441

Siempre Hay Esperanza

                      Terence Chung
                      <[email protected]        To:       ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST
DOT EDU
                      OM>                      cc:
                      Sent by: "ADSM:          Subject:  TSM expiration problem
                      Dist Stor
                      Manager"
                      <[email protected]
                      .EDU>

                      02/24/2002 11:22
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      "ADSM: Dist Stor
                      Manager"

Hi,

I can set the retention of inactive files in TSM, can I set the retention
period for backup files based on its backup date.  It is because I am
backing up a DB dump directory, the filename are different everyday, if I
don't delete the files on this directory, these files will never change
from active files to inactive files in TSM, so never expire.  I am backup
it incrementally but not full backup.

Any idea?

Regards,
Terence