ADSM-L

Re: RISC SERVER SPECIFICATIONS

2015-10-04 17:12:14
Subject: Re: RISC SERVER SPECIFICATIONS
From: Andy Carlson [mailto:andyc AT ANDYC.CARENET DOT ORG]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Kelly,

I find this interesting.  What version of TSM are they running?  We have
been fighting performance problems since out upgrade to 4.1.4.4, and we
have what I consider a beefy machine.  We are using an RS/6000 S7A, 4
processors, 8GB memory, 6 fastwrtie cache SSA adapters going to 3
drawers of 36GB SSA, 8 9840 tapes drives, 2 gigabit ethernet.  The
database is 30% of 139GB, so it is not near the 100GB you talk
about.  We are backing up about 500GB per night.  What I am seeing is
very poor performance on expiration and offsite reclamation.  Any ideas
would be appreciated - I thought it might be "normal", until I saw that
a Win2K server can handle that load.

Andy Carlson                             |\      _,,,---,,_
andyc AT andyc.carenet DOT org            ZZZzz /,`.-'`'    -.  ;-;;,_
BJC Health System                       |,4-  ) )-,_. ,\ (  `'-'
St. Louis, Missouri                    '---''(_/--'  `-'\_)
Cat Pics: http://andyc.dyndns.org/animal.html