ADSM-L

Re: Can ADSM 3.1.0.8 backup to TSM 4.2 server?

2002-02-22 10:54:18
Subject: Re: Can ADSM 3.1.0.8 backup to TSM 4.2 server?
From: Daniel Sparrman <daniel.sparrman AT EXIST DOT SE>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 16:45:30 +0100
Hi

ADSM/TSM clients are normally where downlevel compatible. We have some 3.1
ADSM clients running against a 4.2.1.9 server. However, the performance of
the new TSM 4.2.X clients are much improved, so if you have choice, upgrade
the clients to version 4.2.X.X.

Best Regards

Daniel Sparrman
-----------------------------------
Daniel Sparrman
Daniel Sparrman
Exist i Stockholm AB
Bergkällavägen 31D
192 79 SOLLENTUNA
Växel: 08 - 754 98 00
Mobil: 070 - 399 27 51

                    Sean M

                    English              To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

                    <senglish@US.        cc:

                    IBM.COM>             Subject:     Can ADSM 3.1.0.8 backup
to TSM 4.2 server?
                    Sent by:

                    "ADSM: Dist

                    Stor Manager"

                    <ADSM-L AT VM DOT MA

                    RIST.EDU>

                    2002-02-22

                    16:43

                    Please

                    respond to

                    "ADSM: Dist

                    Stor Manager"

*SMers

Since the issue of "old code" has been brought up, I wanted to ask a
question.  Can clients running ADSM 3.1.0.8 back up to a TSM 4.2 server?  I
am planning on upgrading my TSM server to 4.2.1.10 next week and still have
2 HP servers running 3.1.0.8.  I realize that this is not supported, but I
need to get a definitive answer before upgrading.  Thanks for any help.

Regards,
Sean

Sean M. English
You can't change the wind, but you can adjust the sails.

                      "Prather, Wanda"
                      <Wanda.Prather@JH        To:
ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                      UAPL.EDU>                cc:
                      Sent by: "ADSM:          Subject:  Re: Running HPUX
10.20 3.1 clients
                      Dist Stor
                      Manager"
                      <[email protected]
                      .EDU>

                      02/22/2002 10:25
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      "ADSM: Dist Stor
                      Manager"

We have two HPUX 10.2 clients running the ADSM 3.1.0.7 code.
Our TSM server is 4.1.3 on AIX 4.3.3.  They have been running 3.1.0.7 for a
couple of years now, and I know they have done MANY restores with no
problems.