ADSM-L

How do you Shred a document from TSM?

2015-10-04 17:12:14
Subject: How do you Shred a document from TSM?
From: Scott Foley [mailto:sfoley AT NETDOCUMENTS DOT COM]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
We have the need to be able to completely delete (shred) a document.  Once
shredded, it can't be restored.  I need to be able to remove it from all the
tape pools, disk pools, off site tapes, off site databases, archive tapes
etc.

Is this possible?  If I delete the document from the database (how is this
done), how do I then delete it from the seven backup databases that are
stored off site?  I do not want to wait a week until they are replaced with
new database backup tapes.  Is deleting it from the database enough?  Is
there anyway to get the document off of a tape (or disk pool) once removed
from the database?  Once a tape is assigned to a scratch pool, but not used,
can it be returned to its previous status or is it effectively erased?

Thanks for any help,

Scott Foley
Part time TSM admin